The data.world team is looking for a Solutions Architect to join us as we engage our customers in implementing our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
As a member of our post-sales Solutions team, you will work directly with our customers, establishing yourself as the key technical advisor and advocate, working cross-functionally to ensure the successful design, integration, rollout, and adoption of the data.world platform. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with customers to find the best solution with the most impact for their business needs. This role is a balance of customer consultation and technical execution. This includes partnering with customer teams to gather requirements and develop implementation plans, ownership of the delivery of technical integrations with customer systems, facilitating training, and providing general technical support during implementation.
At data.world, you will:
- Establish yourself as the customer's key technical advisor and advocate
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Quickly understand a customer's complex data architecture and process challenges to determine how to best incorporate data.world
- Have ownership over technical deliverables during the implementation process, ensuring timely and effective rollout, and excellent customer communication
- Work closely with customers, Product, Engineering and Sales teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-customer transitions and long-term customer success
- Collaborate with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on customer requests and identified technical obstacles
- Develop solutions using company's REST API and integration framework to solve customer needs and integrate with third-party systems
- Work closely with pre-sales to scope, write, and present SOWs as needed
- Travel within US approximately 25%
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in a purely technical, or technical customer facing role, 3+ as a Solutions Architect, Solutions Consultant or Solutions Engineer (post-sales)
- A balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Consultative problem-solving skills to create value for customers, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Experience with REST APIs and building integrated software
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of customers at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively work with diverse customers and teams
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big pluses include:
- Familiarity with RDF, SPARQL and other semantic web technologies
- Familiarity with data governance methodologies, and how they provide business value
- Understanding of how enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
- Understanding of large scale enterprise architecture, and tech stacks
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.