The data.world team is looking for an experienced Client Solutions Architect to join us as we engage our clients in implementing our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
As a member of our post-sales Solutions team, you will work directly with our clients, establishing yourself as the key technical advisor and advocate, working cross-functionally to ensure the successful design, integration, rollout, and adoption of the data.world platform. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about working with clients to find the best solution with the most impact for their business needs.
This role is a balance of client consultation and technical execution. This includes partnering with client teams to gather requirements and develop implementation plans, ownership of the delivery of technical integrations with client systems, facilitating training, and providing general technical support during implementation.
You’re a self-starter and motivator who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognizes areas for improvements and creates smart solutions effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
At data.world, you will:
- Establish yourself as the client’s key technical advisor and advocate
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Quickly understand a client’s complex data architecture and process challenges to determine how to best incorporate data.world
- Have ownership over technical deliverables during the implementation process, ensuring timely and effective rollout, and excellent client communication
- Work closely with Client, Product, Engineering and Sales teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-client transitions and long-term client success
- Collaborate with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Develop solutions using company's REST API and integration framework to solve client needs and integrate with third-party systems
- Work closely with pre-sales to scope, write, and present SOWs as needed
- Travel within US approximately 25% (once travel opens back up again)
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in a purely technical, or technical client facing role, 3+ as a Solutions Architect or Solutions Engineer (post-sales)
- A balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data governance, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Consultative problem-solving skills to create value for clients, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Experience with REST APIs and building integrated software
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively work with diverse clients and teams
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big pluses include:
- Familiarity with RDF, SPARQL and other semantic web technologies
- Understanding of how enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
- Based in the Austin area
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the client base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.