As a Sr. Technical Support Engineer, you will have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our open-data community members and enterprise clients alike. You understand that delivering truly exceptional technical support experiences to clients requires advanced product and technical acumen, and the commitment to bring that knowledge together with collaboration and strong interpersonal skills to guarantee a positive client experience every time. Beyond providing outstanding client support, the Sr. Technical Support Engineer will help build the entire support experience by identifying and creating technical content, and assisting in services team reporting and measurement.
When applying, please include:
- Your resume, and a cover letter describing why this role would be a good fit for you and your career goals.
- Your GitHub username or links to any projects or other resources that may help us, or a sample of prior work that demonstrates code you've written
At data.world you will:
- Deliver high-quality technical support and solutions to both technical and non-technical end-users via phone, our support system, and other channels as needed, all the way through resolution
- Resolve and take full ownership of reported customer issues utilizing research, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions
- Develop and maintain an online knowledge base of issues/solutions
- Recreate product behaviors to determine root-cause(s), issue workarounds, and solutions
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to assist in identifying, reporting, and resolving product defects
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to address technical issues impacting ongoing success
- Escalate software bugs or feature enhancements to data.world's development and product management teams
- Autonomously work on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to the organization
- Proactively look for ways to improve processes and innovate the support experience
- Build relationships and partnerships with other data.world teams
- Mentor and training new team members as the company grows
We’d love to see:
- 4+ years of proven and successful experience in a software/SaaS customer support role
- 3+ years of SQL experience with the ability to construct complex SQL statements to query
- Practical experience with Python, shell scripting, and APIs
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues quickly and effectively
- Experience partnering with both with external clients and internal teams to listen, understand and get to the root of reported issues
- Ability to function effectively as Lead in escalated cases, working directly with customers and coordinating internal effort to address customer issues
- Strong organization, process, and detail-oriented approach
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Efficient multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues while ensuring an excellent user experience in a fast-paced environment
- Experienced in a startup environment, where multiple hats are exciting rather than daunting
- Ability to work remotely as part of a hybrid on site and remote team
Big pluses include:
- Experience in the data industry (metadata or data management, ETL, etc.)
- Experience with semantic web technologies, including RDF and SPARQL
- Experience with git/GitHub and code deployment with tools like GitHub Actions or CircleCi
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.