We are looking for a Regional VP of Sales to lead a team of our Enterprise Account Executives. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with the company’s Executive team, playing a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
At data.world, you will:
- Build and coach a world-class team of Strategic Account Executives in our Enterprise practice
- Build deep relationships with senior executives within our target market
- Provide ongoing leadership and growth opportunity for the business development and sales team members
- Develop and refine strategy to exceed revenue goals
- Work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve
We’d love to see:
- Experience managing and growing an enterprise sales team in high tech software/SaaS, preferably in the data industry
- Proven success closing large, complex sales in a startup environment
- Significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, including Chief Data Officers, CIOs, and CTOs
- Experience with the Challenger sales methodology
- History of hitting team quota and accuracy in quarterly forecasting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills
- Detail-oriented personality with a penchant for follow up and an impressive client experience
- Enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- Willingness to travel (estimate ~50% on average)
- You should be resourceful and able to independently gain access to senior levels of prospective customers
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big plusses include:
- Experience specifically in the data industry
- Technical degree, aptitude, or experience
- Experience leading a sales team in a startup environment
Perks and benefits:
- The usual suspects: market compensation with a generous bonus structure, health/dental/vision insurance
- Not so usual suspects: education credits, charitable donation matching to the organization of your choice, and event ticket giveaways
- Catered lunches every day, all the snacks, coffee, Yerba Mate, and beer you can handle
- Regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions
- A flexible work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.