We’re looking for an inquisitive and organized Technical Support Intern to help answer questions, triage problems, and provide advice to members of the world's largest open data community. You'll be a part of the Technical Support team that reports to the VP of Client Services, but this is a cross-functional role that will have you working with engineering, analytics, and documentation teams to assist on a variety of projects.
At data.world, you will:
- Field questions from community members via email, Slack, and directly on our platform
- Handle administrative tasks related to managing community user accounts
- Create test cases for troubleshooting problems
- Review, organize, and write documentation explaining new functionality
We’d love to see:
- Targeting a BS in a STEM discipline
- Knowledge of foundational computer science concepts
- Ability to learn complex software packages quickly
- Experience writing documentation, instruction, and presentation materials
- Experience with Mac and G-suite environments
- Very strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, knowing when to ask for prioritization help
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges
Big pluses include:
- Familiarity with basic database administration
- Basic knowledge of RDF and semantic web technologies
- Ability to parse structured text using regular expressions
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.