We’re looking for a Manager, Business Development to lead inbound and outbound business development efforts. You’ll report to our VP, Demand Generation, and will hire, train, and lead the team who will build the sales pipeline, and qualify targeted prospects. This includes both full time BDR employees, focusing primarily on inbound leads, and outsourced partners, targeting outbound. This role falls within the Marketing organization, and partners closely with our Strategic Account Executive team members.
At data.world, you will:
- Lead and manage pre-funnel business development efforts for this fast paced, high growth SaaS start-up
- Own the team goals and make sure that all Business Development Reps have the tools, training, and support they need to be successful, escalating issues as needed
- Build dashboards and tracking reports to get a deeper understanding of team metrics and performance, using those metrics to report upward and drive team success
- Interview and hire new team members to continue to scale the team as the company grows in this highly competitive job market
- Oversee BDR compensation, working with Employee Experience and leadership to align the team to our larger, strategic company goals
- Train BDRs to reach their full potential and develop their career growth within the company
- Build and maintain team morale and grow momentum, team rapport, and healthy competition, maintaining data.world’s positive culture and inclusive environment
- Manage the team members’ goal attainment and career development through regular 1on1s with the team members to remove obstacles, train and adjust where necessary, providing a clear understanding of individual performance, and personal/professional goals
- Manage third-party outbound resources, identifying and developing the most successful partnerships through appropriate metrics
- Expand the team to the EU when called upon to, working with internal teams and external business development resources in advance to understand challenges and plan for success
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years management experience in sales/business development
- 2+ years in B2B SaaS sales environments for complex platforms
- Experience working with both HubSpot and SalesForce, with strong skills creating and analyzing business-guiding reports
- Experience managing compensation plans to ensure alignment with key goals and metrics
- Detail-oriented with demonstrable experience building and documenting processes to train the existing team, and quickly on-board new team members
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including leading team meetings and presenting amongst the Leadership Team on departmental goals and achievements]
- An appetite for experimentation. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big pluses include:
- Experience in the data management or catalog space
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.