We are looking for an Operations and Support Engineer to work 3rd shift (4am CT - 12pm CT). At data.world, you will have the unique opportunity to provide technical support for our open-data community members and enterprise customers alike. You understand that delivering truly exceptional technical support experiences to customers requires advanced product and technical acumen, and the commitment to bring that knowledge together with collaboration and strong interpersonal skills to guarantee a positive customer experience every time. Beyond providing outstanding customer support, the Operations and Support Engineer will help build the entire support experience by identifying and creating technical content and assisting in services team reporting and measurement.
At data.world you will:
- Deliver high-quality technical support and solutions to both technical and non-technical end-users via phone, our support system, and other channels as needed, all the way through resolution
- Resolve and take full ownership of reported customer issues utilizing research, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and identifying solutions
- Develop and maintain an online knowledge base of issues/solutions
- Recreate product behaviors to determine root-cause(s), issue workarounds, and solutions
- Coordinate with Product and Engineering teams to assist in identifying, reporting, and resolving product defects
- Collaborate with Customer Success Managers to address technical issues impacting ongoing success
- Escalate software bugs or feature enhancements to data.world's development and product management teams
- Autonomously work on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to the organization
- Proactively look for ways to improve processes and innovate the support experience
- Build relationships and partnerships with other data.world teams
We’d love to see:
- 1+ years of proven and successful experience in a software/SaaS customer support role.
- 1+ years of SQL experience with the ability to read complex SQL statements.
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues quickly and effectively.
- Experience partnering with both external clients and internal teams to listen, understand, and get to the root of reported issues.
- Strong organizational skills and a process and detail-oriented approach.
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Efficient multi-tasking skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple issues while ensuring an excellent user experience in a fast-paced environment.
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- Ability to work remotely as part of a hybrid on-site and remote team.
- Candidates on the East Coast are preferred or must be willing to work on EST.
Big pluses include:
- Experience in the data industry (metadata or data management, ETL, etc.)
- Experience with semantic web technologies, including RDF and SPARQL
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.