We’re looking for a Manager, Technical Support to recruit and lead the team that manages technical service-related ticket operations for our customers. The team responds to inbound customer support tickets, and the manager will build out repeatable processes and workflow, developing and maintaining customer service goals and helping the team members reach those goals. They will partner with Engineering and Customer Success teams to ensure that SLAs are met to customer specifications.
At data.world, you will:
- Work with the Employee Experience team to recruit, hire, and train a high functioning team of technical support technicians and engineers
- Analyze the current ticket and resolution workflows, and develop more repeatable, streamlined processes to scale as the company grows
- Identify appropriate team and department SLAs, and track and provide metrics to leadership
- Supervise the daily operations of the customer service department, guiding and allocating workload to achieve the most efficient and effective outcomes
- Interact with customers and handle customer queries and complaints directly from time to time
- Stay current on the latest industry trends, tools, and techniques
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years experience in technical roles, with at least 1 year experience in a leadership capacity
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including developing training and process materials, coaching and mentoring positive customer interactions, and presenting to senior management
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big pluses include:
- Experience with issue management and collaboration tools such as Jira and/or Confluence
- Experience working in the data industry or around data management platforms
- Experience developing or contributing to technical support playbooks or other documentation
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.