Technical Program Manager
The data.world team is seeking an experienced technical program manager to help us build a thriving, integrated ecosystem of partners and data. A data catalog is more powerful when it can serve as an information hub across all your data and analysis tools. In this role, you will be the bridge and the driver that helps create valuable solutions for customers by coordinating integrations across data.world, partners, and customers, and by fostering and empowering an active, productive developer community.
You’ll be most successful in this role if you have a strong understanding of the vendors, use cases, and technology of the data, analytics, and AI market domains, are experienced in the world of SaaS and enterprise software, and love the idea of continuously deploying software multiple times a day. We’re looking for someone who is able to effectively communicate and collaborate with others, has very strong engineering chops, and is deeply passionate about data.
What you’ll do:
- Drive technical solutioning and integration projects with partners, customers, and the developer community
- Coordinate people across multiple external and internal organizations
- Develop an integration program and integration development and launch plans and execute against them
- Foster and enable developer community with documentation, tools, SDKs, and more as necessary to get the integration flywheel spinning
- Manage cross-organizational projects with complex requirements and dependencies
- Support the product engineering organization across a variety of goals and initiatives
- Improve the organization’s product engineering best practices, OKR execution, and metrics measurement
- Enlist support by the broader organization as needed
- Track tasks and deliverables and communicate progress and status to stakeholders
- Prioritize ruthlessly across a wide range of competing needs
- Foster an open and collaborative environment
Experience and capabilities you have:
- 5+ years of Technical Program Management (TPM) or related experience
- BS/BA in Computer Science or similar level of technical expertise
- Strong organizational skills and proven project management track record
- Experience in SaaS, enterprise software, or cloud services
- Experience with developer platforms, webhooks, APIs, and developer ecosystems
- Familiarity with partnership programs, strategies, and technical support
- Ability to manage complex projects effectively by setting clear goals, identifying roadblocks, designing solutions, and tracking progress against deadlines
- Ability to build relationships and drive alignment with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to contribute directly to technical design and delivery conversations with engineers and architects
- Ability to analyze data, gain meaningful insights, and be results-driven
- Fast learner, independent thinker, enjoys a fast paced environment, and will unwaveringly drive issues to conclusions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; you are able to communicate complex technical and project details to a diverse audience
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.