Our front-end engineers operate at the intersection of design thinking, product management and data-driven development, and are trusted to deliver features that make working together on data more straight-forward, productive, and enjoyable.
In this position, you will work with the designers, product owners and other engineers to craft best-in-class user experiences that help cross-functional teams work together on data projects, derive meaningful insights, and make data-informed decisions.
At data.world, you will:
- Design and craft high-quality, well-tested and reusable code.
- Work iteratively and collaboratively with designers, product owners, and other engineering team members on production-ready features.
- Work in a dynamic, agile, and data-driven environment and have true ownership of the features you work on, from requirements gathering to A/B test definition.
- Contribute to the health and stability of our products through monitoring, instrumentation and maintenance of the day-to-day front-end operational aspects of the platform.
- Make data-driven decisions about what to build and how to build it based on real-world user testing.
We’d love to see:
- 3+ years experience as an engineer. You have experience shipping web-based products. You’ve worked with designers and product owners to develop and deliver workflows and libraries.
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills. You should be able to articulate your decisions, whiteboard new solutions, present ideas concisely to product leadership, and defend your ideas.
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- Just enough knowledge about operations and back-end development to be dangerous. You are familiar with modern service-oriented architecture and are comfortable diving into logs.
- Just enough knowledge about design and UX to be dangerous. You’re not a designer, but you might need a Sketch license to quickly mock up an idea. You understand best practices and articulate what works with examples.
Technologies you will see:
- webpack, Flow, Next.js
- Monaco, Draft.js
- AWS (S3, Kinesis, DynamoDB, etc)
- RDF & SPARQL
- Java, Scala
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.