The data.world team is looking for an IT Manager to join us as we develop the industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will be responsible for maintaining corporate IT infrastructure, business applications and office security.
We are seeking a talented technologist with a passion for supporting a fast growing business. This will be our first hire dedicated to corporate IT. We are looking for someone who can handle day-to-day IT operations and ultimately hire and develop a team as we grow. This position will be based in Austin, TX.
What you’ll do:
- Satisfy all IT equipment needs including laptops, monitors, telephones, printers and corporate network
- Manage office technology including new or relocating offices
- Distribute and collect IT equipment to and from remote employees
- Manage access to SaaS applications including G Suite, Slack, Okta, etc.
- Own corporate IT areas of information security programs including SOC2, HIPAA
- Ensure a positive onboarding and offboarding experience for all employees
- Evaluate and purchase technology goods and services
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years working in deskside support, IT systems management or similar experience
- A strong appetite to learn new things and reinvent processes across the data.world team
- A passion for helping people and bringing technical issues to resolution
- Experience administering G Suite, Slack and other SaaS providers
Big pluses include:
- Deploying and managing endpoint protection services such as Carbon Black or Crowdstrike
- Hands-on experience with MDM solutions for mobile and macOS devices, such as Jamf, Fleetsmith or Meraki MDM
- Administration of knowledge management and project management SaaS offerings
- Email deliverability experience
- Understanding of SOC2 / ISO 27001 compliance requirements
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.