The data.world team is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to join us developing the platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will be on the team responsible for our cloud architecture, continuous deployment framework and developer experience. Note that while our SRE team is responsible for the foundation of our production environment, everyone in engineering participates in production operations. We believe development teams should be able to build and run their own services.
We are seeking engineers who have experience developing automation and cloud infrastructure tools that increase development velocity and support a stable production environment. This person should be driven to take ownership of large efforts and operate effectively in a startup environment. If you’re passionate about the transformative power of data and want to have an impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to meet you.
At data.world you will:
- Be part of the team developing the data.world core infrastructure
- Use a variety of technologies to support code delivery and production operations of a cloud hosted, service oriented web application
- Build an environment in which engineering teams are able to build, test, and run their applications in production
We’d love to see:
- BS in technology or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in system administration, cloud engineering and/or platform development
- Direct experience architecting public cloud technologies, especially Amazon Web Services
- Experience using data, logs and analysis tools to troubleshoot and resolve problems
- Excellent written communication skills and history of documenting changes and instructive guides
- Experience working in a continuous deployment organization with multiple deployments each day
- Knowledge of available tools and advantages of each, especially regarding containerization, configuration management, CI/CD and other “DevOps” toolchains.
Big pluses include:
- Experience with container orchestration
- Development experience, especially in Python, Java or golang.
- Strong interest in SRE topics such as SLOs, resilience, chaos testing and capacity planning.
- Experience running large scale, multi-region cloud applications
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.