We're looking for a Strategic Account Executive to grow our Enterprise client base. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer, and will work closely with the company’s Executive team. At data.world, you will be responsible for developing and executing our customer-facing strategies and developing deep relationships with decision makers to close and expand business within their organizations.
The successful candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, a strategic seller and passionate about our vision. This person should be resourceful and able to independently gain access to senior levels of prospective customers. You will work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve. You will play a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
At data.world, you will:
- build deep relationships with senior executives across varying roles (both highly technical and non-technical) within our target market.
- develop and refine your strategy with the CRO and team to exceed revenue goals.
- work closely with our product and marketing teams to identify market needs that data.world can solve.
- develop and execute customer-facing strategies to close and expand business within key decision makers' organizations.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in high tech software/SaaS sales, preferably in the data industry.
- proven success closing large, complex sales or strategic partnerships in a startup environment.
- good technical understanding and background such as a technical degree or experience is a plus.
- self-motivated, proactive sales hunter with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout account life cycle.
- significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, particularly in IT.
- excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills.
- detail-oriented and enthusiasm for solving problems in real time.
- an appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- willingness to travel (when that's appropriate again).
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.