The data.world team is looking for Business Development Representatives who will be our first point of contact with Enterprise prospects. You will build a pipeline of qualified opportunities by being a great listener and questioner, seeking to understand the prospect’s needs while teaching them what they may not already know. You will call on marketing-generated leads, respond to inbound requests, and work targeted outbound lists of prospects to qualify opportunities for the Account Executives.
If you’re creative, persistent, passionate about the transformative power of data, and want to have a BIG impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to speak with you!
At data.world you will:
- Be a great ambassador for data.world in the market, including with C- and VP-level executives, primarily in IT and Data/Analytics orgs within enterprise companies
- Execute various outbound sales campaigns
- Find new opportunities and teeing them up for a successful sales experience with an Account Executive
- Qualify inbound leads from marketing campaigns as sales opportunities
- Prospect within potential accounts through personal introductions from our investors/advisors/execs, cold calls, emails, and social media
- Identify needs of potential clients, and challenge them on problems they may not yet recognize
- Research prospective customers using available resources
- Accurately update, maintain and create leads, contacts and pipeline using the company CRM system
- Help grow the sales team and build a scalable, repeatable process
We'd love to see:
- 1+ years of sales experience in a B to B, technical product or service company
- Quick learner, curious, creative, and persistent
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, and ambition to work
- Fair technical understanding -- you can learn and speak intelligently about technologies
- Strong alignment with our Core Values: Determination, Passion, Community, Curiosity, Integrity
- Strong record of success in whatever you have done
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- A love for hitting goals
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with a generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and sense of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.