The data.world team is looking for a Full-Stack Java Engineer to join us as we develop the industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data. This person will be responsible for the design and development of the platform’s backend functions, working closely with all engineering functions in this test-driven development environment.
We are seeking talented engineers who have experience working as part of a cross-functional team of professionals to develop overall concept, design and integration objectives in a variety of environments. This person should be a self-motivated, strategic thinker with the drive to take ownership of large efforts. If you’re creative, persistent, passionate about the transformative power of data, and want to have an impact on a fast-growing business, then we want to meet you.
We’d love to see:
- BS in technology or engineering field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years software development experience programming in Java
- Experience developing at the "data layer" (we're not too concerned with specific tech, since we integrate with and use it all - just that you have a level of experience building software that works with databases. We can teach the specifics and the right person will be open to learn!)
- Ability to use innovative analytical approaches to proactively solve a broad range of problems across technologies.
- Ability to translate business requirements into a technical design that can be understood and implemented by a cross functional team
- Experience working in a continuous deployment organization with multiple deployments each week is a plus
- Strong team contribution and interaction; positive team member who enjoys working in a collaborative, fast-paced, startup environment
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Provide input into technology roadmaps
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Contribute to internal knowledge of best practices in emerging technology
Big pluses include:
- Experience in Web Services Design, Testing, and Implementation
- Experience with Elasticsearch and maintaining multiple search indices
- Semantic Web (RDF/SPARQL) experience
- Experience working in an agile, CI/CD based, test-driven development environment
- Experience with graph databases
- Experience writing parsers or using tools such as ANTLR or Lexer
- Experience developing in the AWS ecosystem