Do you love dynamic start-up teams, generating demand to double or triple revenue year on year, and keeping up with the latest technology trends in AI, analytics and data? Then we need to talk. We are in growth mode, having recently raised our Series C funding, achieved recognition as one of the top three vendors in the data catalog category, and leveraging our differentiated knowledge graph architecture to expand the definition of the category for the modern data stack. We are looking for a Vice President of Growth & Demand Generation to accelerate our revenue growth.
As our Vice President of Growth & Demand Generation, you will lead a talented and growing function at data.world. You will be responsible for setting the growth strategy, defining campaign tactics and overseeing the execution for demand generation and customer expansion to continue our growth trajectory. You will work closely with our account executives, partner account managers, sales development, product marketing, partner marketing, and marketing operations to achieve our growth goals. This position reports directly to the Chief Marketing Officer.
At data.world, you will:
- Set our growth strategy quarterly by working with marketing operations to estimate the revenue impact of campaign investments across a diverse set of high-quality marketing channels.
- Lead a team of campaign and event marketers focusing on multi-channel campaign execution to drive positive pipeline and revenue impact. Manage our design & paid digital agencies to success.
- Grow the marketing campaign management function by being hands-on with execution while mentoring and coaching the team to optimize and maximize efficiency across many channels.
- Own the pipeline number working with the extended marketing team to define the growth plan, channel mix, data & analytics for data.world’s growth function to drive net new and expansion leads across all segments.
- Partner with the sales team on strategy, targeting, lead follow-up and conversion.
- Work with marketing operations to define and set KPIs to track performance on a daily, weekly and quarterly basis. Iterate quickly to proactively detect early successes and challenges, course correct where necessary, and optimize spend to achieve positive results. Build the systems & processes for attribution in order to monitor not only immediate pipeline impact, but also ultimately marketing-sourced revenue growth.
- Identify and solve business problems with an inquisitive mindset, looking to question assumptions, and bringing creativity to drive business value.
- Have a strong outcome orientation to marketing efforts.
- Have the communication skills to convey complex ideas with clarity, confidence and authority.
- Hire, develop and lead an inclusive, engaged, and high-performing team.
We’d love to see:
- 10-15+ years of marketing experience in B2B enterprise software (SaaS experience preferred) with a strong, demonstrable focus on pipeline growth and high-quality execution.
- Proven success in building, developing, and leading growth and demand generation teams.
- Passionate about providing exceptional prospect and customer experiences.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, high-growth start-up environment.
- A high-energy leader with excellent cross-functional collaboration and communication skills.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.