We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to help grow our Enterprise client base. At data.world, you’ll work closely with our Strategic Account Executives to help drive the technical discussions and discovery during the sales process, deepen prospect product understanding through demonstrations and more hands-on activities, and set proper expectations to ensure a successful implementation of the data.world platform. This role reports to the Director of Sales Engineering.
At data.world, you will:
- Partner with members of the sales team to provide functional and technical expertise throughout the sales process including initial prospect strategy, demonstrations, presentations, and proof-of-concept implementations.
- Clearly communicate the value of our platform and its capabilities via virtual meetings as well as in-person (if and when those are a thing again). Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and business audiences.
- Respond to RFP/RFI and InfoSec questionnaires on deadline.
- Collaborate internally with a wide range of stakeholders about messaging, product details, implementation options, prospect security questions, and more.
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years of software/SaaS experience, with at least 2 years in a technical sales related role. Similar experience in consultative, customer-facing data roles is also considered valuable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including listening, presenting, qualifying, and navigating objections and concerns
- Proven ability to hold conversations at the C level and with IT teams - tailoring the information and delivery to the audience and their technical proficiency
- Highly motivated, “team seller” personality, with a passion about our vision
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for identifying potential issues before they arise
- An appetite to learn. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- Comfort with SQL and with learning other light coding tasks.
- Familiarity with the opportunities and challenges that come with high-growth startups, and an affinity for them!
Big pluses include:
- Experience in the data catalog, data governance, data analytics, data science and/or data engineering industries or roles.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.