The data.world team is looking for an experienced Director, Client Solutions to join us as we engage our clients in deploying our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
This leader will develop a growing team of highly specialized and experienced Solution Architects, Solution Engineers and Support Engineers. The Solutions team works directly with our clients post-sales, establishing themselves as the key technical advisor and advocate, working cross-functionally to ensure the successful design, integration, rollout, and adoption of the data.world platform. This team is responsible for managing the technical environment of the post-sales process, working in conjunction with the Client Success Directors and Engagement Managers as the key technical advisor and evangelist of our products. We’re looking for someone passionate about leading a team and working with clients to find the best solution with the most impact for their business needs.
This role is a balance of team leadership, client consultation, and technical execution, including partnering with client teams to gather requirements and develop implementation plans, ownership of the delivery of technical integrations with client systems, facilitating training, and providing general technical support during and after implementation.
We are looking for a powerhouse and a driving force who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognize areas for improvements, and create smart solutions effectively for both the team and clients.
As Director of Solutions at data.world you will:
- Lead, mentor and grow the Solutions Architecture, Solutions Engineering, and Technical Support teams
- Provide the growing team with onboarding support and training
- Establish your team as the client’s key technical advisors and advocates
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Communicate and prioritize key product insights across our business functions
- Quickly understand a client’s complex ecosystems and technical / process challenges to determine how to best incorporate data.world
- Oversee technical deliverables during the implementation process, ensuring timely and effective rollout, and excellent client communication
- Work closely with Client, Product, Engineering and Sales teams to ensure smooth prospect-to-client transitions and long-term client success
- Work with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Design solutions using company's REST API and integration framework to solve client needs and integrate with third-party systems
- Work closely with pre-sales to scope, write, and present SOWs as needed
- Travel within US approximately 25 - 35% (once travel opens back up again)
We’d love to see:
- 2+ years managing an Enterprise Solutions Architect team is a requirement.
- Proven success leading a team towards exceeding monthly objectives while building long-term business plans
- 7+ years experience in a technical role, with direct experience in a post-sales engineering or architect role
- Balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data governance, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Consultative problem-solving skills to create value for clients, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Experience with REST APIs and building integrated software
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Servant Leader with a sincere interest in continuous growth in yourself and to the growth of those you serve
- High degree of emotional intelligence to effectively work with diverse clients and teams
- Preferably based in Austin, Tx
Big Pluses Include:
- Experience with RDF, SPARQL and other semantic web technologies
- An understanding of how enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and the client base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.