data.world is looking to grow our Strategic Partnership team's channel sales function with the addition of a Partnership Account Manager. The Partnership Account Manager will develop and sustain long-term partner relationships for mutual growth, profitability, trust, and collaboration. You will be directly responsible for working with our partner network of channel partners, software integrators, and technology partners to generate net-new sales opportunities.
The ideal candidate will be well versed in sales and/or partnerships roles and a reliable professional able to balance customer needs with a results-driven approach. While the primary goal is to generate new opportunities and sales, you will be expected to do this in a way that is respectful and mutually collaborative with our partners in order to foster long-term goodwill and success.
At data.world, you will:
- Manage entire sales cycles from prospecting to client close
- Create detailed business plans to forecast and track goals and quota
- Develop and nurture key partners with an orientation towards pipeline generation and deal coordination
- Unearth new sales prospects from partner books of business
- Remain in constant communication with partners to track opportunities
- Work closely with both the Business Development and Sales teams for cross-functional collaboration and sales support
We’d love to see:
- Proven track record as an Account Manager or Channel Partner Manager dealing with software integrators or technical channel partners
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Experience in the technology field, turning channel partner solutions into collaborative deals closed
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, including describing complex technology solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships both internally and with clients and partners
- Demonstrable organizational and time-management skills
- Willingness to travel (when appropriate)
Big pluses include:
- Experience selling SaaS solutions, particularly into enterprise level customers
- Experience in data management, governance, analytics, or catalog space
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure and stock options!
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.