We’re looking for a Director, Customer Success to build, scale, and lead our team of Customer Success Directors, driving customer growth and retention rates with our enterprise data catalog customers. At data.world, you’ll work cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, and other leadership across the company to ensure customer needs are met. You will report to the VP, Customer Success, who’s responsible for all post-sales customer outcomes from implementation.
The successful candidate should bring a range of experiences and capabilities including strong business and analytical skills, excellence in customer management and driving business results, and an exceptional track record building high-performing teams. You’ll be both a strategic thinker and tactical executor, who has experience with robust and complex solutions, and can create and implement the processes that will scale with the company’s rapid growth.
At data.world, you will:
- Lead the Customer Success team through its next evolution of customer success efforts, driving excellent client engagement and satisfaction, and capturing continued retention and growth results
- Attract, recruit, and onboard high potential and experienced Customer Success Directors
- Provide employee guidance, training, feedback, and development, managing the workload allocation, setting goals, removing roadblocks, reallocating resources as needed, and solving problems for your team
- Establish and roll out a comprehensive view of the customer journey, optimizing the customer experience across our portfolio, from post-implementation to expanded adoption across the customer organizations
- Identify and institute playbooks, incorporating best practices in customer program management, delivering business results that exceed client goals, including communication of ongoing platform enhancements that can drive meaningful customer engagement and success
- Balance the key performance metrics that directly drive business results, driving customer success outcomes by increasing license and renewal rates, and maintaining low churn
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption, customer satisfaction and overall health scores, developing valuable customer stories, and encouraging customer references
- Act as a customer advocate, sharing product input both directly and in compilation based on client feedback
- Inspire customer success across the company by creating a company-wide culture of customer success
- Partner with internal departments including sales, implementation, solutions, engineering, operations, and support to ensure alignment
- Up to 30% travel to client sites as needed when that starts happening again
We’d love to see:
- 10+ years experience in customer success with 3+ leading customer-facing organizations
- Experience in small to midsize SaaS organization during periods of high growth
- Proven experience developing, coaching, and managing remote teams working on multiple complex projects simultaneously, with the ability to keep employees engaged, motivated, collaborative, and productive through excellent communication and creative leadership
- Customer focused with a passion for providing quality service and solid results while driving revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Proven success developing scalable, metrics-driven and cost-effective customer success programs that align with corporate objectives
- Successful experience coaching team members in high-growth and rapid-change environments
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including customer and internal documentation, and presentation skills
- Experience with various CRM, ERP, and or Customer Success tools to clearly track customer requirements and journey
- Comfort with ambiguity as the product continues to evolve
- An appetite to try new things -- you’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges!
Big pluses include:
- Experience in data catalog, management, and/or governance industry
- Past use of Gainsight for health scoring and client growth tracking
- Experience managing customers in EMEA
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.