We are looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join us as we develop our customer' solutions post sales in our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use and democratize data.
As a member of our Solutions team, you will establish yourself as subject-matter and product-area expert to provide engineering solutions for our new, active customers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about understanding how the product can provide the best, most impactful solution for our customers' business needs.
This role is a balance of technical expertise, execution, and quality assurance, working closely with the Solutions Architects and other team members to determine how to build out the solution for customer implementation projects, and making sure they run smoothly. This includes partnering with solution architects and product delivery teams to develop and deploy successful implementation plans, to ownership of the technical capabilities for our customer configurations, and facilitate customer workshops. The Solutions Engineer serves as a technical liaison between Implementation Operations and Support team and other internal departments, and more specifically represents the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering teams.
You’re a self-starter and motivator who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognizes areas for improvements, and creates smart solutions effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
As a data.world Solutions Engineer you will:
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Improve team technical capabilities that can lead to greater efficiency or a better customer experience
- Develop solutions using company's REST API and integration framework, SQL, and other semantic web technologies to solve client needs and integrate with third-party systems
- Build out autonomous QA Frameworks for the solutions you build
- Support Customer Success Directors by answering technical questions
- Work closely with Customer, Product, Engineering teams to ensure long-term client success and growth
- Collaborate with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Document processes and solutions for reuse and scalability
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years in engineering role, with 1+ years experience as a Solutions Engineer (post-sales)
- 2+ years with quality assurance testing
- Balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data governance, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Problem-solving skills to create value for clients, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Experience with REST APIs and building integrated software
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ability to work well across functional groups and influence others to get things done
- Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Possesses job-relevant technical knowledge to a degree commensurate with the responsibilities of the role
Big Pluses Include:
- Experience with RDF, SPARQL and other semantic web technologies
- Experience developing "data products"
- Good understanding of how enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
- Proven history with automation, and testing frameworks
Our team is a humble but mighty group, who work in a culture built on trust, transparency, and above all, collaboration. You'll have numerous opportunities to learn and grow in our fast-paced environment.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.