We are looking for an experienced Solutions Engineer to join us as we develop our clients' solutions post sales in our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use and democratize data.
As a member of our Solutions team, you will establish yourself as subject-matter and product-area expert to provide engineering solutions for our new, active customers. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about understanding how the product can provide the best, most impactful solution for our clients' business needs.
This role is a balance of technical expertise and execution, working closely with the Solutions Architects and other team members to determine how to build out the solution for client projects. This includes partnering with client and product delivery teams to develop and deploy successful implementation plans, to ownership of the technical capabilities for our client configurations, to facilitating client workshops. The Solutions Engineer serves as a technical liaison between Customer Success team and other internal departments, and more specifically represents the voice of the customer to the Product and Engineering teams.
You’re a self-starter and motivator who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognizes areas for improvements, and creates smart solutions effectively with both technical and non-technical parties.
As a data.world Solutions Engineer you will:
- Develop deep functional product expertise across the data.world platform
- Improve team technical capabilities that can lead to greater efficiency or a better customer experience
- Develop solutions using company's REST API and integration framework, SQL, and other semantic web technologies to solve client needs and integrate with third-party systems
- Support Customer Success Directors by answering technical questions
- Work closely with Client, Product, Engineering teams to ensure long-term client success and growth
- Collaborate with the Product team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Document processes and solutions for reuse and scalability
We’d love to see:
- 5+ years in engineering role, with 1+ years experience as a client Solutions Engineer (post-sales)
- Balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills, with a background in business intelligence, data analysis, data governance, data warehousing, engineering, or other technical fields
- Problem-solving skills to create value for clients, with the ability to integrate technical knowledge into a consultative process
- Proficiency in SQL with the ability to write and execute queries
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to describe technical concepts and platform capabilities clearly to people of varying technical depth, and the confidence to discuss project plans with enterprise executives
- Experience with REST APIs and building integrated software
- Deep understanding of SaaS / cloud architecture and platform mechanics
- The ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times, understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Ability to work well across functional groups and influence others to get things done
- Excellent team player and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent applicable experience
- Possesses job-relevant technical knowledge to a degree commensurate with the responsibilities of the role
Big Pluses Include:
Our team is a humble but mighty group, who work in a culture built on trust, transparency, and above all, collaboration. You'll have numerous opportunities to learn and grow in our fast-paced environment.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible work environment
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.