data.world is looking to grow our Strategic Partnership team with the addition of a Partnership Account Manager. Reporting to the VP of Alliances the Partnership Account Manager will develop and sustain long-term partner relationships for mutual growth, profitability, trust, and collaboration. You will be directly responsible for working with our partner network of channel partners, software integrators, and technology partners to generate net-new partners and sales opportunities. Also to educate partners to understand data.world and its key benefits for their business, customers, and strategic growth
The ideal candidate will be well versed in sales and partnerships roles and a reliable professional able to balance customer needs with a results-driven approach. While the primary goal is to generate new opportunities and sales, you will be expected to do this in a way that is respectful and mutually collaborative with our partners in order to foster long-term goodwill and success.
At data.world, you will:
- Help define and execute data.worlds partner strategy
- Manage the sales cycle from prospecting to aligning with sales
- Establish and orchestrate co-selling programs between data.world sales teams and the consulting partners sales organization
- Create detailed business plans to forecast and track goals and quota
- Develop and nurture key partners with an orientation towards pipeline generation and deal coordination
- Unearth new sales prospects from partner books of business
- Work with key partners to create strategic solutions and offerings
- Remain in constant communication with partners to track opportunities
- Work closely with both the Business Development and Sales teams for cross-functional collaboration and sales support
We’d love to see:
- Proven track record in alliances, channel or partner management role dealing with software integrators or technical channel partners
- Experience working within the cloud ecosystem of partners (e.g. AWS, Azure, Snowflake, databricks)
- Knowledge of market research, sales, and negotiating principles
- Experience in the technology field, turning channel partner solutions into collaborative deals closed
- Excellent communication/presentation skills, including describing complex technology solutions
- Proven ability to build relationships both internally and with clients and partners
- Demonstrable organizational and time-management skills
- Willingness to travel (when appropriate)
Big pluses include:
- Experience selling SaaS solutions, particularly into enterprise level customers
- Experience in data management, governance, analytics, or catalog space
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. data.world is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.
data.world is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and productive work environment. Consistent with this commitment, it is the intent of the Company to maintain a drug-free workplace.