We’re looking for a Manager, Customer Engagement to build, scale, and lead our team of Engagement Managers, while maintaining their own customer engagements through the implementation process. They will work with the management team to develop and implement repeatable processes that lead to successful, platform deployments and positive customer experiences. This person will work cross-functionally with Sales, Solutions Architecture/Engineering, and other teams across the company to ensure customer needs are met. You will report to the VP, Customer Success, who’s responsible for all post-sales customer outcomes from implementation through the customer lifecycle.
The successful candidate should bring a range of experiences and capabilities including strong project management skills, excellence in customer engagement, and a track record leading high-performing teams. You’ll be both a manager and tactical executor, who has experience with robust and complex solutions.
At data.world, you will:
- Attract, recruit, and onboard high potential and experienced Engagement Managers
- Provide employee guidance, training, feedback, and development, managing the workload allocation, setting goals, removing roadblocks, reallocating resources as needed, and solving problems for your team
- Identify and institute playbooks, incorporating best practices in new customer implementation, delivering business results that exceed client expectations,
- Ensure team members are appropriately trained as tools and processes evolve, and the data.world platform matures
- Manage relationships with senior customer contacts and other leadership to provide key leadership
- Actively manage your own book of large client implementations, facilitating cross-functional internal and customer teams, communicating effectively to ensure timely, successful delivery
- Track and drive key performance metrics that directly impact business results, including time through each phase of implementation, and customer satisfaction scores
- Engage with new business scoping and estimating activities, including providing resource requirements and capacity management oversight, representing the level of effort required to support the active and projected projects/initiatives
- Take an integrated approach to solutions, keeping in mind coordination with all data.world capabilities in order to maximize customer platform usage, and expand customer licenses
- Be responsible for services gross margin for revenue delivery, chargeability, managing subcontractor resources to ensure profitable delivery
- Cultivate open communication with customers, and business partners to identify opportunities for process improvement and improved customer experience
- Develop relationships across the organization to understand the needs of internal and external customers
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships across multiple teams, by ensuring that transitions across the customer lifecycle are smooth and successful.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and best practices, market data and new product rollouts
We’d love to see:
- Undergraduate degree, with 7+ years business experience, and at least 3 years experience building and managing project delivery teams
- Experience in project management and implementation management roles in a technology environment, with strong understanding of analysis and project lifecycle methodologies
- Proven experience developing, coaching, and managing remote teams working on multiple complex projects simultaneously, with the ability to keep employees engaged, motivated, collaborative, and productive through excellent communication and creative leadership
- Experience in small to mid-size SaaS organization during periods of high growth
- Understanding of key business metrics, with the ability to provide strategic analysis and consult with senior leaders
- Ability to foster and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with your team, customers, and cross functional department to identify, define and execute on opportunities for improvement, and recommend alternative solutions to process inefficiencies
- Ability to make decisions based on a broad range of issues, to solve a variety of problems typically with very complex scope, within and outside the control of the day to day working environment
- Customer focused with a passion for providing quality service and solid results
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills, including customer and internal documentation, and presentation skills targeted to executive leadership
- Experience with various CRM, ERP, and or Customer Success tools to clearly track customer requirements and journey
- Comfort with ambiguity as the product continues to evolve
- An appetite to try new things -- you’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges!
Big pluses include:
- Experience in data catalog, management, and/or governance industry
- Past use of Gainsight for health scoring and client growth tracking
- Masters degree in business, finance/accounting or technical discipline
- Experience with technology implementation in the Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, and AI/ML
- Consulting experience in systems implementation and integration, process re-engineering or a related discipline.
- PMP certification
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.