The data.world team is looking for an experienced Implementation Project Manager to join us as we engage our customers in implementing our industry-changing platform that’s modernizing the way organizations use data.
As a member of our Customer Services team, you will work directly with our customers, as a driving force to ensure the successful define, design, and development of the data.world platform. We’re looking for someone passionate about working with customers to find the best initial use case with the most impact on their business needs.
You’re a self-starter and motivator who can thrive in ambiguous situations, recognizes areas for improvements, and creates smart plans effectively for clients and data.world.
At data.world, you will:
- plan and guide customer implementation projects -- defining project scope, goals, deliverables, and required resources, along with creating schedules and project timelines for each client engagement.
- set and facilitate customer meetings with agendas, recaps, and tracked deliverables.
- report and present to stakeholders on project progress, both internally and externally, and escalating to leadership as needed.
- work closely cross-functionally with teams to ensure smooth customer transitions, excellent experience, and long-term client success.
- travel within the US approximately 25% (once travel opens back up again)
We’d love to see:
- 4+ years of working within SaaS, agile project management.
- an excellent knowledge of Confluence, Trello, and other project management tools.
- demonstrated experience being a strong facilitator.
- the ability to navigate ambiguity and rapidly evolving customer needs.
- a high degree of emotional intelligence to effectively work with diverse customers and teams.
- strong written, verbal, presentation, and visual communication skills, including the ability to listen and to lead a meeting/command a room.
- the ability to prioritize multiple projects across a variety of clients at all times; understanding the degrees of criticality while ensuring all deadlines are met.
- a bachelor’s degree – technical degree, aptitude, or experience is a plus.
- an appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big pluses include:
- an understanding of how enterprise data solutions are managed and secured at scale
- a home base in Austin, TX
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with a generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and a sense of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.