data.world is positioned for rapid growth in the UK region, and we are looking for Strategic Account Executives to drive the expansion of our Enterprise client base. This position reports to a Divisional VP of Sales and will work closely with cross-functional team members across our entire organization. This person should have successful enterprise sales experience specifically in the UK, closing business that's both closed and managed in the region. This is self-developed, net new revenue growth, and you will be supported by a highly engaged technical & leadership team. There will also be significant contributions from an extremely robust marketing effort that helps propel our sales success.
The successful candidate should be highly motivated, detail-oriented, a strategic seller, and passionate about our vision. This person should be resourceful and able to work independently to gain access to senior levels of our prospective customers. You will collaborate closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve. You will play a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
At data.world, you will:
- build deep relationships with senior executives across varying roles (both highly technical and non-technical) to close and expand business within our target market.
- develop and refine your strategy with the VP of Sales and team to exceed revenue goals.
- work closely with our product and marketing teams to identify market needs that data.world can solve.
- develop and execute customer-facing strategies to close and expand business within key decision makers' organizations.
We'd love to see:
- 5+ years of experience in high tech software/SaaS sales, with a proven record of success, preferably in the data industry
- proven success prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing large, complex sales in a startup environment
- experience selling solutions into a modern data stack, within environments that include technology like dremio, databricks, snowflake, dbt, etc.
- strong technical understanding and background
- self-motivated, proactive sales hunter with ability to develop and maintain strong relationships throughout the account life cycle
- significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, particularly in IT
- excellent communication and listening skills. ability to manage and execute all phases of the sales processes, while strategically leveraging necessary support, needed for success
- detail-oriented and enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- an appetite to try new things - You’re curious and excited to improve the sales process, and are always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.