We are looking for a Divisional VP of Sales - East to help build and lead a team of Strategic Account Executives. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Sales, and will work with cross functional leaders and team members, playing a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
This person needs to be located on the East Coast - e.g. New York, Philly, DC areas.
The DVP will onboard, train, coach, and develop a team, driving sales strategies and action plans to meet our customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives.
At data.world, you will:
- Hire, build, and coach a world-class team of Strategic Account Executives in our Enterprise practice responsible for new customer acquisition across a region/ vertical(s)
- Build deep relationships with senior executives within our target market, and help manage relationships in large or complex accounts
- Provide ongoing leadership and growth opportunity for the business development and sales team members
- Assist in the development and refining of sales strategy to exceed revenue goals
- Partner with leaders in Marketing, Sales Engineering, Implementation & Support, Customer Success, Product & Engineering, and other key functions to drive results from pre-funnel through customer expansion and retention
- Work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve
- Frequent overnight travel (up to 50%)
We’d love to see:
- 10+ years of experience in top-performing sales leadership selling enterprise technology and solutions in a modern tech stack (data or cloud)
- At least 5 years of people leadership experience hiring and retaining top talent
- Enterprise sales experience, knowledge of and/or experience within the data, technology, and solutions space is a must
- Experience building and managing successful teams, specifically accelerating growth in team size
- Excellent understanding of managing a sales pipeline, including ability to motivate the team to create and close pipeline management to ensure accurate forecasting
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment and remote (distributed) teams
- Proven success closing large, complex sales in a startup environment
- Significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, particularly in IT
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills
- Detail-oriented personality with a penchant for follow up and an impressive client experience
- Enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
- Financial acumen
- Experience using CRM systems and associated tools
- Proven experience partnering with Marketing, Sales Engineers, and Customer Success leaders to create opportunities that maximize profit and client satisfaction.
- Outstanding interpersonal and spoken/written communication skills
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive compensation with generous bonus program
- Fully paid health, vision, and dental insurance premiums for your entire family
- Company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, and legal coverage
- Remote-forward, super flexible, casual, and enjoyable environment with open PTO
- Charitable donation matching and community philanthropy opportunities
- Wellness programs catered to individual needs
- Quarterly headquarters events - all employees welcome
- An awesome group of smart and determined coworkers, including a tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and senses of humor
- Your own Sparkletar owl character - have you seen them yet?
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.