We are looking for a VP of Sales to lead data.world's Enterprise Account Executive team. This position reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and will work closely with the company’s Executive team, building the sales department as data.world continues to grow and scale. This individual will play a critical role in helping data.world achieve its mission.
At data.world, you will:
- Build and coach a world-class team of Strategic Account Executives and front-line Sales Leaders in our Enterprise practice
- Establish metrics and processes to create measurable, predictable, and scalable growth
- Build deep relationships with senior executives within our target market
- Provide ongoing leadership and growth opportunity for sales team members
- Develop and refine strategy to exceed revenue goals
- Work closely with our product team to identify market needs that data.world can solve
We’d love to see:
- Experience managing and growing an enterprise sales team in high tech software/SaaS, with a highly technical sale
- Proven success closing large, complex sales for an earlier stage, high-growth company
- Significant experience working with senior level decision-makers, including Chief Data Officers, CIOs, and CTOs
- Experience with the Challenger sales methodology
- History of hitting team quota and accuracy in quarterly forecasting
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), listening, presentation, qualifying, closing and negotiating skills
- Process-oriented, with strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to uncover and truly understand the prospect’s specific challenges
- Experience building a sales function amidst ambiguity in a quickly-evolving market
- Enthusiasm for solving problems in real time
- Willingness to travel, when appropriate (estimate ~50% on average)
- You should be resourceful and able to independently gain access to senior levels of prospective customers
- An appetite to try new things. You’re curious and excited to improve your process, and always looking to learn. You ask questions and don't shy away from challenges.
Big plusses include:
- Experience specifically in the data & analytics space
- Technical degree, aptitude, or experience
- Located in/near Austin, TX
Perks and benefits:
- Competitive market compensation with a generous bonus structure
- Fully paid health/dental/vision insurance for the whole family
- Charitable corporate programs and volunteer events throughout the year
- Open PTO, and a personalized wellness incentive
- Lots of regularly scheduled team events including game nights, rock climbing, and cocktail competitions - even virtually for now!
- A flexible hybrid work environment with an understanding that employees are people with lives outside of the office
- A tight-knit team of startup veterans with integrity, passion, and curiosity for days
If you have the exceptional combination of skills and qualities that we are looking for, then we’re excited to meet you!
Note: We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
We are the world’s largest collaborative data community and we very much believe that our people need to represent the very diverse nature of the community we are serving and customer base we are winning. We believe that diversity leads to the most creative discussions, ideas, and outcomes.